Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Remembering

Today is August 3rd. And in my family, it is a sad, hard day. I think about and miss a beautiful big sister that I never met. I often imagine what it would be like to really know her and to have a sister. I wonder if she would have liked me, or if I am good enough for her little brother. I wonder if we would go shopping and be rivals on football game day. I wonder a lot. But there are some things I don't have to wonder about because I know and love her mother. I know that she had a kind sweet soul but fights like no other. I know she must have been the type to not take crap from anyone. I know that she had a giving heart and I also know with certainty that she is an angel in heaven right now. I know these things because her mother is all of those things, except she's an angel right here on Earth. I feel that my sister watches out for me and I feel it everyday. And so, I am so so sad today. I mourn someone that I wasn't blessed to know. I mourn the fact that I never knew her...but I know I love her.

No comments: