Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Notes on Networking 2

I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to find some new prospects and clients. I used this method a few years ago when I moved to a new army base and I knew NO ONE. I call it the Working Women Week! This method will require you to spend a little bit of money so be sure to keep track of all your receipts from these purchases.

Here's a list of what you will need:
-Cute Cello Baggies
-Matching ribbon
-Small candies of different kinds
-Your business cards
-Inexpensive product samples (Note: if you sell something that doesn't have samples, like jewelry, you will want to include extra candy and something else cute. I would find the little goody bag rings at a party store.)
-A drawing form ( You need to create some slips that ask for important information, like  their name, email, phone number, zip code. Ask questions on the slip like, are you interested in hosting a party with some friends, are you interested in earning extra money, do you already have a consultant. ) Make sure the slips are small and to the point. You need a lot of these forms.
-Pens
-Cute basket

Put together you goody bags with your card, some candy, and your sample. After you've made a lot of them put them in the basket with your pens and drawing slips. Now, you want to visit some places in your area like day care centers and salons, where you know a lot of women are working. Take a team member if you're nervous. You want to go in and talk to the first woman you see, here's your script:

" Hi, my name is Heidi, and I'm from XYZ Company. We are honoring working women this week (or month) and I wanted to give y'all some goody bags!! How many women work here?" She will answer and you start to get out the drawing slips and pens.
"We're also doing a drawing for (insert your giveaways; a free pampering session, free candles, gift cards etc.) here are the drawing forms!" Let them pass them out and fill out the forms then give them the goody bags.

And voila! You have some new leads and customers! Places that I visited were: day cares (these are the best), hair salons, tanning salons, restaurants, small stores that didn't carry anything similar to my product.
It's important to go during a time of day that these places are usually busy. I went to day cares around 1:00 to try to catch them during nap time. Be happy, and excited and it will be fun! If you're nervous take a friend with you! Let me know if you try this, and remember your 30 in 30 challenge. I will let you know what to do with all of those new leads in my next post! :)


No comments: