Thursday, September 1, 2011

Booking Ideas!!

Today I wanted to list some of my favorite booking ideas to help you get through your prospect list. By booking ideas I mean strategies to help you push past the fear and make those calls. These are ideas that are meant to take the emotion out of the phone calls, so you can get them done. I will, however, provide ideas and scripts for actually getting those bookings in the next few days. But, for now, I just want to focus on the action of making the calls.

It's first important to focus on your numbers. Industry averages suggest that 1 in 5 people you talk to will book. Your numbers may be different, so make sure that you track these as you book. Always track your numbers so you know your personal booking averages. Anyway, using the industry average, lets say you want one solid booking each week, AND we all know about 50% of bookings cancel, you want to aim for 2 booked today. So you need to talk to 10 people. Answering machines don't count. So, here are a few ideas to get you through those 10 or so phone calls:

1.Reward Yourself Now, this one depends on your budget a little, but when I was in the states I would reward myself with a McDonald's iced coffee when I was finished with my list. (This went on to fuel an addiction to iced coffee that continues to this day, but that is another story.) I would find a pretty pen and a pretty piece of paper and make stars next to the people I actually spoke to. You could reward yourself with any number of things. If booking calls are really scary to you and you have to get them done, reward yourself with something bigger that you really really want, like a new lip gloss or a book. This really works, especially if you're reward oriented, like me! ;)

2.Booking Bracelets This is a new one to me and I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure how well it works. The idea is to buy many super cute bracelets and wear as many bracelets as number of people to contact. So, in our example, we would wear 10 bracelets on one arm to attract attention. Then you go out and when people ask about the bracelets you say something like this, "I have to talk to 10 people about my business today, have you every heard of xyz (company name)?" And you book them from there. This seems like a good strategy if you're new to an area or if you're getting low on names on your List. If you have tried this, let me know how it works.

3. Put the Pressure On With this strategy you would have your upline advisor or maybe even your husband act as a boss. Tell them what you're trying to get done and have them encourage and pressure you a little. This can work surprisingly well if you're used to years of having a watchful or demanding boss. Pretend the other person is your boss for a little while to add some discipline to get the list done.

Those are the three strategies I have for now. What are your strategies for getting through your bookings? Please share! Now, my husband is harassing me to get to bed so I'd better listen!

Until Tomorrow!

No comments: